Sunday, August 23, 2026

Women are Making Tech Fun Again

Yesterday, I was introduced to the world of Cyberdeck when this specific video showed up in my FYP:




Cyberdeck is a custom-built, portable personal computer, often one designed for a particular individualized purpose and usually with a cyberpunk aesthetic. The term is a shortened form of "cyberspace deck", which first appeared in William Gibson's 1984 novel Neuromancer. It has become shorthand across multiple forms of cyberpunk media for a personal mobile computing device used to enter cyberspace in some form or fashion. 


As someone who watched Totally Spies as a kid girlie I can't help but to be fascinated with these devices. As you can see with the theme of this blog, I also try to incorporate the Totally Spies theme. That's how I love it. These were the devices that was promised to us when we were young! Women really does make everything whimsy and more creative.

I also love the fact that this has become the counter-culture for the "minimalist" devices and rise of AI. I hope that these corporations realize that we need fun technology again that shows our personality beyond phone cases and wallpapers.

 I can imagine myself writing blogs using these. If I have the money for these passion projects, I would do it!



@ayeeeeitsari My new hyperfixation: building a cyberdeck 💻 inspired by @ubeboobey 😍 #cyberdeck #technology #diy #thingstodo #raspberrypi ♬ Walking Around - Instrumental Version - Eldar Kedem


Andrew Codesmith also posted a really interesting take about this:

 

@andrewcodesmith Why are ‘the girlies building Cyberdecks’? 👾 Not sure how long this trend will last for, but it is very fascinating to me. Whilst there are creators doing it for views/the aesthetic, for others there’s real ethics and a politics involved in it. I wonder if the next extension of the trend involves Linux. Credit to any of the creators mentioned #cyberdeck ♬ original sound - Andrew Codesmith 👾

A smart eyeshadow palette?!

(its me) i built a cyberdeck inside an eyeshadow palette and put hinge on for a little experiment lol

This one is super cute they made the Totally Spies Compowder!


No comments:

Post a Comment