Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Why You Should Start a Blog

Can I just say that I love the rise of blogging this year? This was definitely what I've missed when I was 14! I remember moving across Blogspot and Tumblr in 9th grade but I ended up not sticking with it because there wasn't really a community of girlbloggers. Most of the bloggers that I used to follow were too old for me and I always get intimidated because they have their own domain name whilst I'm enjoying the free subdomain of the hosting platform lol!


I was just a girl who simply wants to blog as a creative outlet.


So here are the reasons why you should start blogging:



1. You have your own space on the internet

The problem with social media nowadays is that content are being pushed to our feed all the time. The beauty in blogging is very intentional. There is no algorithm pushing content in your face unless you subscribe or follow into it. You get to decide which blog post you want to click and visit. Having and reading blogs will reprograms our mind that we (humans) are the one who get to decide how to use the internet, and not fall into the rabbit hole brought to us by the algorithm. 



2. It's a creative outlet

Have you ever visited another person's blog and you can instantly tell what this person seems like because of how their blog is designed or the tone of their writing? You don't even need to post daily or share too much information about your personal private life for people to know a little bit of you. You may be into writing more or designing more, but at the end of the day, a blog is a beautiful medium for expressing yourself creatively.


3.  It's a time capsule in progress.

Having a blog is like having a time capsule except you may open the letter anytime you want! The more you post, the more memories you store. Tip: If you decided to revisit your old posts, please stop the urge to delete it! I know it may sound cringe to you now but that is just a proof that you've developed as a person. If you didn't cringe, that means you didn't grow. 


4, Blogging is free

There's literally a pool of hosting platforms that helps you make a website for free! All you need is a little bit of creativity, (maybe youtube for guides and tutorials) and passion for blogging!


5. Your writing will get better over time

If you continue writing blogs, you will eventually develop your writing skills. The more you write, the more you'll learn how to express your thoughts clearly and find your own writing voice. Over time, you'll naturally become more confident and comfortable with putting your ideas into words.

1 comment: