Monday, August 24, 2026

We Need to Address the Chic Epidemic.


Can I be honest? I don't like the Chic-nification of everything.



It all started with taste, then it turned into a capitalist marketing machine very quickly. People who have wired earphones are chic, so chic to be having matcha latte etc... It gets to a point.

5 comments:

  1. yes. (yes to we need to it gets to a point, not to do you hate me) like yes be chic girl but no, you falling for capitalist propaganda without realising it is not chic. And i'm obviously not saying people cant love trends, but we all need to accept its literally marketing in action getting people to buy things they don't need

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm also saying this as someone who falls for trends but at least i admit it and don't call everything super niche and chic

      Delete
  2. YUP. the word "chic" has lost all meaning because people are just using it to describe literally anything they like. if everything is chic then nothing is chic (btw just followed i love your blog!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree so much I see so much "aesthetics" being made into videos with pictures under the same music following the same trend its so annoying like I thought the whole point of aesthetics was to create your own trend not follow everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was having this exact conversation with my sister this week after watching a tiktok labeling toast "chic" (no hate to the creator at all, btw). i am all for romanticizing your life, but it comes to a point where it is no longer romanticizing and instead simply giving into overconsumption/capitalism.

    ReplyDelete